If you are a huge book fan like myself, then you will find the following book facts highly entertaining:
1. Before The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown was a pop singer and songwriter. His second solo album was titled Angels and Demons.
2. Charles Dickens had to be facing North before he could write a word.
3. One out of every eight letters your read is the letter 'e'.
4. Words invented by William Shakespeare include fashionable, gossip, torture, bedroom, champion, and eyeball.
5. Edgar Allan Poe originally wanted a parrot to repeat the word “nevermore.”
6. The best selling book of the 15th century was an erotic book called The Tale of the Two Lovers. The author was a pope.
7. Dr. Seuss won a $50 bet with his publisher by writing Green Eggs and Ham using only 50 words.
8. The world’s most expensive printed book was purchased for $15 million.
9. J.K. Rowling was the first person to become a billionaire by writing books.
10. Earnest Hemingway survived through anthrax, malaria, pneumonia, dysentery, skin cancer, hepatitis, anemia, diabetes, high blood pressure, two plane crashes, a ruptured kidney, a ruptured spleen, a ruptured liver, a crushed vertebrae, a fractured skull, and more.