Did you know September is National Literacy Month?
The importance of literacy is invaluable in a person's life. Books inspire, challenge and teach. In honor of National Literacy Month, here is a selection of favorite book quotes from the BookPal team:
- "Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing."- Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
- "It has been said that the great events of the world take place in the brain. It is in the brain, and the brain only, that the great sins of the world take place also."- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
- "Happiness [is] only real when shared."- Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild
- "For in the end, it is about memory, its sources and its magnitude, and of course, its consequences."- Elie Wiesel, Night
- "I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The great Gatsby
Don't forget to participate in our National Literacy Month Facebook contest for the chance to win 10 books from the New York Times Bestsellers list!