Cooking with Sunshine: A Complete Guide to Solar Cuisine by Lorraine Anderson is a great way to go green this summer and not heat up your house while creating healthy, delicious meals. The books feature 150 super easy recipes that you can cook-up in your own back yard.
What could be more entertaining and magical than putting food in a box outdoors on a sunny day and enjoying a delicious fully-cooked meal just a few hours later? Solar cooking, which uses the suns rays as the sole heat source has been around for centuries and can be done just about anyplace where there's sun. Not only is it completely safe and simple, but it also saves money on fuel, limits time spent preparing meals, and is kind to the environment plus the results are healthy, flavorful, and satisfying.
Whether you're new to solar cooking or have been doing it for years, Cooking with Sunshine is your definitive guide to making a variety of tasty sun-cooked meals. Solar cooking experts Lorraine Anderson and Rick Palkovic provide everything you need to get cooking, including:
- Clear explanations of how solar cooking works and its benefits over traditional methods
- Instructions for building your own solar cooker using inexpensive, easy-to-find materials and information on where to buy a ready-made solar cooker
- A selection of fun and super-easy recipes to get you started
- A wide variety of recipes for main dishes, accompaniments, and desserts for both vegetarian and omnivorous diets
- Creative menu ideas for special diets, tastes, and occasions. . . and much more!
So what are you waiting for? It's time to cook with sunshine!
Author and chef Lorraine Anderson is a freelance writer and editor with a special interest in encouraging a reciprocal relationship with nature. Her books include Sisters of the Earth: Women's Prose and Poetry About Nature, Literature and the Environment: A Reader on Nature and Culture (with Scott Slovic and John P. O'Grady), and At Home on This Earth: Two Centuries of U.S. Women's Nature Writing (with Thomas Edwards). She lives in Corvallis, Oregon. Rick Palkovic is an electrical engineer and technical writer. He lives in Davis, California.
Buy this and other books wholesale and share the sunshine!