As a role model for millions of women around the world, Cameron Diaz wrote The Body Book: The Law of Hunger, The Science of Strength and Other Ways to Love Your Amazing Body to show women how to become the best they can be. A comprehensive overview of the human body and mind from the cellular up, The Body Book demystifies the hype around food groups, explains the value of minerals and vitamins, reveals why you should embrace hunger, shows why you need to sweat a little every day and much more. Diaz does not offer set goals to reach in a week, in thirty days or even a year. Instead, she offers a holistic, long-term approach to making better, consistent choices and living a stronger, happier and healthier life.
Interested in winning The Body Book? Check out our Top 10 Health Books to Read in 2015 and find out how you can enter to win a bundle of health books to help you start the year off right.
Becoming healthier is all about small, gradual and consistent changes. In her section "Planning to Eat Less Sugar," she gives a list of 10 helpful tips:
1. Replace sweetened bottled teas and instant tea powders with unsweetened iced tea and tea bags.
2. Learn to enjoy your coffee or tea without adding sugar.
3. Buy natural peanut butter instead of sugar-added peanut butters.
4. Swap your sugary cereal for a cereal with no sugar added, or plain oatmeal.
5. Go for plain yogurt and add your own fresh fruit instead of buying fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt.
6. Make your own salad dressing by whisking together lemon juice, or any vinegar you like, with a little olive oil, instead of buying the jarred stuff.
7. Lose the candy. Eat berries.
8. Choose mustard, vinegar, or pesto instead of ketchup.
9. Swap canned tomatoes for spaghetti sauce.
10. No more sodas!! Add lemon, lime, and mint to sparkling water instead.
As you work on sticking to your New Year's resolutions this year, try picking up at least one of these 10 tips to help reach your "get healthy" goal! After all, little changes in your everyday habits can have a big impact on your longterm health and wellbeing.
Stay tuned for more health tips!
You can find The Body Book in bulk, as well as bulk book sets of other bestselling health book titles, on BookPal, the leading bulk book and eBook distributor. Browse our Health & Wellness Bookshelf to discover popular sports and fitness books in bulk, wholesale cookbooks and much more.